Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cpu at 100%

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kicksyc

kicksyc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

I have 2 HD on the pc and the pc runs fine untill I open certain files on my second HD, then Explorer goes to 100% of the cpu usage. Someone ran combofix and it found a virus (Autorun ) we managed to get rid or so we thought. It returned later and anti virus software bitdefender couldn't detect it. I was trying to get a copy of combofix but can't get it to download from the internet,can anyone help with a copy and also any ideas for getting shut of the beast as the only way to stop it at the moment is to do a hard reboot and it will run ok untill I go into my 2nd HD files. cheers

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 June 2010 - 08:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keller

keller

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

As the note at the top of this forum says, you should not be using ComboFix without the help of someone who is trained in its use. It's a powerful program that can be potentially damaging to your system; it is not like other virus/malware software. If you want more details see this thread.

What type of file are you trying to open? This is only occurring on certain files or anything on your second hard drive?

If you're really concerned about a virus (what you describe may or may not be virus related based on the info given) I would suggest following this guide and posting the resulting logs as instructed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users