Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Refer This Post to Logs Forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 paul01

paul01

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:25 AM

My Thinkpad laptop is infected with a redirect virus. I'm running XP SP3, Microsoft Security Essentials. I have run many scans (Security Essentials scan, Trend Micro and Kaspersky scans, Malwarebytes, Combofix, Hitman Pro 3.5, TDSSKiller, CCleaner) and have logs from these failed efforts to eradicate this virus. I have reset my router and changed password, and checked DNS/Host file.

For 3 days, I have not gotten a response on the Logs Forum. I know it's not protocol, but I've bumped my message twice because it was 5 pages deep. Still nothing.

Will someone from the team here please refer this post to the Logs Forum?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by paul01, 15 June 2010 - 06:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:12 AM

Once you have posted your log and are waiting, you should NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. In your case there were 4 replies, thus a team member, looking for a new log to work probably assumed another Malware Response Team member was already assisting you and skipped the topic. That explains why no one answered you.

I have cleaned up your topic so now it only shows zero replies rather than having you repost it with a new start date of today which essentailly would mean waiting longer. Please do not respond to that topic again until it has been answered.

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help members with malware issues. Although our Malware Response Team work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding. If you have further questions, please send me a PM. This topic is now closed.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users