Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On startup "Windows cannot find C:/Programs."

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leonorath

leonorath

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Im not sure if my computer is infected but this seemed the most appropriate place to identify the issue.

My computer has not been her self for the last month or so. I got infected with "Antispyware soft" or some such sludge, then after i removed it my computer seemed lethargic. I read that a registry cleaner could help so i found "CCleaner" and after using that, every startup i get a message saying.
"Windows cannot find C:/Programs. Make sure u typed the name correctly, then try again. To search go into the start menu and click the search button."
(may not be 100% accurate but its close)

I could restore the registry but then i wouldn't know if CCleaner actually did anything to help my performance.
:thumbsup: thanx

P.s:If it matters. I have Windows XP sp3 Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz, 2.00GB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leonorath

leonorath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

Please close this topic.
I reformated my computer to start fresh so all my issues are solved.
Thank you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users