Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundlleror Message On Startup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jmrpjb

jmrpjb

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

C:\Windows\System32\spool\Drivers\w32.36\3\DLCJtime.dll
Missing Entry:RunDLLEntry

System Information
------------------

This is what appears every time I start up. I've looked up "rundll errors" and the general answers are: "download a registry cleaner and clean the registry. Unfortunately, in order to get the full treatment I must purchase a registry cleaner, but is there any way I can download one and clean my registry for free?

Time of this report: 5/30/2010, 14:12:24

Machine name: DELL
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dell DE051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 402MB used, 1614MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Edited by Budapest, 15 June 2010 - 12:08 AM.
Moved from Intro ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:37 AM

I would try uninstalling all printer drivers...and software...and then reinstalling.

I don't see where anyone suggests using a registry cleaner for this error, in fact...I only see a couple of instances of such, all with Dell systems.

The folder should be w32x36, not w32.36.

Looks like a Lexmark printer driver error, file probably damaged.

Louis

#3 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hi Louis,

Thanks for getting back to me, but unfortunately, I'm a real novice and your solution to remove all print drivers and reinstall them is all fine and dandy...if I knew how! Is it very difficult? If it's not too cumbersome, could you help me with it? Or someone?

Thanks

jmrpjb

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

Go to Control Panel/Printers & Other Hardware/Printers & Faxes...delete the existing printer.

Go to Add/Remove Programs...delete the printer software.

Reboot the system and reinstall the printer software and drivers, using the Dell Drivers CD.

Louis

#5 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hi, I'm back,

Well, I thought that was going to work. I checked with MSN Help & Support Centre which confirmed your suggestions: I deleted my printer, clicked Server Properties and removed the driver that matched my printer. I then added the printer (using plug and play, not the disc) and after rebooting, I STILL get the message. I don't understand about drivers, though. Do I have to buy a new one or something? At any rate, thanks very much for your feedback and I'll go back to the drawing board.

Bye,

jmrpjb

#6 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

ooops, I didn't delete the printer software from the add/remove programs in the control panel, so I just did it. Also, is it imperative that I use the Dell Drivers cd to reinstall, because it doesn't give me that option because I have plug & play.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Well...it all depends.

XP has a number of drivers in its driver cache, which will install automatically for detected devices upon detection.

But...the printer software typically will not be included in such and that is where the drivers/software CD from Dell may possibly come in.

Dell typically used to use Lexmark printers with its systems (with Dell logo, etc.) so it should be Lexmark drivers which are actually installed.

I used Lexmark printers for quite a while...the software can be troublesome when it comes to uninstalling/updating...only because I found it expedient to remove all traces of drivers and software when problems with the printer developed.

Any program, any driver...can become damaged and malperform. When I suspect such, I just find it best to totally remove the old...before trying to replace it with a healthy, new driver/program install.

Louis

#8 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Thank you again, Louis, but I'm really not sure how to do that. I have removed the printer from control panel - printers & faxes, and I've removed the driver from server properties, and when I start up, no message. But as soon as I re-install the printer with plug and play (and I'm assuming the driver gets re-installed along with it) I get the message. Is there somewhere else traces of this damaged driver could be lurking?

I'm sorry to be such a pest but if I leave this for much longer, I'm afraid it will cause more damage.

If you're tired of helping me, I'll understand, but I'll probably never get over it.

jmrpjb

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:22 PM

Striving for resolution to a problem...is never perceived as unwanted behavior by anyone with the ability to think :thumbsup:. It's the human way of life.

Dell Says...

Note that the solution above involves editing the registry.

I strongly suggest that you backup the registry before following Dell instructions exactly as stated. A very good program you can use to backup your registry: ERUNT Registry Backup Tool - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html

Louis

#10 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:58 AM

I need even more help now. I followed Dell's instructions to remove the printer & driver & even unplug the cable, but now, I am unable to re-install it. Plug & play can't find it and nothing can be read off the disc. (The plug & play wizard says not to use the disc anyway). So now what do I do.? It's [i]really upsetting because, according to Dell, that error message doesn't have any affect on how the printer works. It seems that's all it is, a message, which I wish I had ignored!

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

I can't give you any guidance beyond what Dell provides, other than what I've already provided from my experience with printer installs.

It's Dell...who provides the instructions for installing this printer...not the PnP aspect of Windows. You need to follow those instructions.

If you have an install disc that can't be read...chances are that it needs to be cleaned or you have a defective optical drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users