Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So forum? How do YOU like your BBQ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ubTQfr_tyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ubTQfr_tyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by DeathStalker, 14 June 2010 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

Just to share?

THIS LINK IS NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY, SORRY.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

I'm dying to try this out:

Ceramic Smoker
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

I really hope Management leave this here, it is a really wonderfull Topical Thread for us all.

Ray
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:30 AM

This is certainly not intended as Spam.

There are Recipies there and also shows a very old method that Aussies used to BBQ and to do their Roasts, perfectly, using Charcoal, Heat Beads and Wood Smoke. Magic stuff.

Very similar to what Bezukhov Posted? This one was an Aussie Invention recognised, Worldwide.

My first Wife and I used to Cook up Roasts using this method for selected Customers, including Lawn Bowls Clubs and others, using only the very Best Beef, many years ago, back in the 80s. It is so Simple.

http://www.weberbbq.com.au/barbecues.htm
Ray

Edited by Pandy, 17 June 2010 - 09:28 AM.
Just a link change to remove a direct pdf download :) Nice recipes there Ray! lol

What is a Dog?

#6 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

With ribs I like them best with a dry rub or a little bbq sauce since none is really needed with good ribs cooked right. I don't like them messy where my hands look like I just delivered a baby.

So far as fast food goes I really like Churches new wild wings. I get mine in medium buffalo sauce but they have bbq and other flavors I haven't tried yet. The medium is plenty hot for me where my mouth burns afterward so I won't bother trying the hot buffalo sauce.

#7 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

great video DeathStalker made me want to fire up my smoker and cook a brisket. i love to make my own sause its sweet but tangy

#8 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

This could be a timely warning about where NOT to fire up a BBQ?

Indoor barbeque nearly kills Tasmanian family

* By Nick Clark
* June 18, 2010 9:48AM

A LAUNCESTON family of eight suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning on Wednesday night after firing up a barbecue inside their house.

A 13-month-old baby became ill and the family called an ambulance, The Mercury said.

All eight family members were taken by ambulance to the Launceston General Hospital and five were transferred early yesterday morning to the Royal Hobart Hospital. The five patients transferred to the RHH had very seriously elevated levels of carbon monoxide in their blood.

More here.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/nationa...o-1225881244790

Ray.

What is a Dog?

#9 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

Here in the Northeastern US people are fairly generous with the term "BBQ," applying it to almost any meat that has been charcoal broiled. When I was down in the Southeast, in Louisiana, people were far more specific as to what constituted proper BBQ.

But almost nobody admits to using my variation -- cook the meat long and slow and properly seasoned in a crock pot, then pull, add a dash of sauce, and enjoy in a bun or on the plate! :thumbsup:

#10 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

Fun Site about Aussie BBQs. It covers most of it including heaps of Recipies.

If you are serious about your barbies, you'll know that a smashing hot plate is only half the deal.

http://www.aussiebbqlegends.com/bbq-recipes

Ray.

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users