Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Did You Get Malware from that (Trusted) Website?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

You follow all the best security practices and heed all the warnings. You only visit web sites that are reputable or recommended by someone you trust. You never open unexpected attachments in email. You have a good anti-virus and anti-malware program installed. But somehow, you ended up with malware anyway. What happened?

http://www.wxpnews.com/archives/wxpnews-426-20100420.htm

This is a couple of months old, but it's still valid and useful information.

Scroll down to Editor's Corner to read the entire article.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Thanks Bama Belle. That information will never get to old. With today's economy I would bet a dollar to a donuts hole that many companies are cutting back on the people and money they spend on taking care of the security for there web site.

#3 gizmondo

gizmondo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the link ...... I've signed up for their excellent newsletter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users