Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notebook MSI GX700, bisoncam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jabbb

jabbb

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Hi there guys and girls, I've spent the whole day trying to figure out how to fix this problem, but so far it seems that no one else has it.

The problem with my integrated webcam is that the image is very blurry. I've tried different drivers but the problem remains.
But actually the image is sharp if you bring yourself close to the webcam...really good quality..it's just when you're at normal distance from the webcam the image is blurry, like the webcam has zoom options set to close distance. I've tried everything in the bisoncams options as well but nothing helps.

Now I don't know if this is the correct place to post this problem, but I hope there's someone who could help, because I've totally ran out of ideas.

Thanks

Jabbb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

Do you have an option to turn off 'Auto Focus'?

It probably is going out of focus at the normal distance.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

It's been a long day - I see the specs now... :thumbsup: ReviverSoft is probably right though - webcams aren't near as good as other cameras with simple focusing. Check in your webcam options for something related to focus - either autofocus or something similar. What program are you using with your webcam? Skype? MSN?

Edited by YHB318, 14 June 2010 - 09:41 PM.

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

If you use the webcam often, you could consider getting an external web cam for the notebook.
That's sure to offer better performance compared to the one that's built-in.

Something from Creative, Microsoft or Logitech?

Edited by ReviverSoft, 14 June 2010 - 08:55 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#5 jabbb

jabbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the prompt replies.

No there's no autofocus settings. The settings are quite narrow, there's not too much to modify or adjust, but there is a option in compression section where you can adjust the quality but the section remains gray so I can't modify it or even click it.

I was thinking if there's a program that I could download and it would focus the camera for me??

Actually at the moment I'm using an external webcam but this one that's integrated would be much more convenient....plus since it's there I would like to make it work properly.

If you guys want I can write down all the option pages that there are and see if there's a setting that would make a difference by adjusting it.

Thanks

jabbb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users