Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion ZE4900-Wont Start-Files Missing Or Corrupt

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 illdiction

illdiction

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hello yall. Seems like the only time i come here is when i have a problem. =[

Well I've been here a couple times over the past 4 years and you guys always seem to help so heres

THE PROBLEM

Posted Image

Try and get past the lines. -_-

My HP pavilion won't get past that screen. It says the files are missing or corrupt.
I have the disc inside, and i PUSH R yet it don't seem to work. IDK if the CD drive is broke.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? Anyone know any good places to take it, if yall can't help?

I have 1000's of dollars of material on this laptop, so I can't just let it go.

Please help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

You could try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hi -
If the CD cannot be read when inserted it may be not set to Auto read - At this stage if it can't read it may be faulty -
Any repair shop can replace this unit or if you know basics then you can do it yourself -
Simply unscrew the unit and note the wires then replace as they were -
Try the above from Budapest first -
Thank You -

#4 illdiction

illdiction
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

that links first step is to set up temp. files from your comp, yet i can't get past that black screen?

n yeah that link didnt really do much help -_-

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

What happens if you try to boot from the CD. Can you get into setup?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 illdiction

illdiction
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

nope. i put in the CD, and push R at startup screen and it just goes back to that black page above^

any other suggestions?

anyone know the price range it would take to fix such a problem?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

HP doesn't list a fix for this error, HP Support Page.

One of the things that can cause this error...bad hard drive. I would expect the worst.

I would try to run the chkdsk /r command from the XP Recovery Console. The link posted by Budapest is the standard reference for this error...I myself have never found any of these attempted methods to work (I did clean install).

How to Create a Bootable XP Recovery Console CD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/

I don't know what disk you are using in your efforts...but it doesn't sound like it's a MS Genuine XP CD.

Corrupted Registry - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205375/unable-to-use-recovery-console-bsod/

The problem...is that either your registry is damaged and the system is unable to boot...or something worse (hard drive) is making Windows think that the registry is damaged.

The only known fixes for the error message that I'm aware of...have all been listed in this thread.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users