Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

500 Internal Server Error
nginx/0.6.39

Can anyone help me out? I'm truly mystified by this error. Certain sites I can log onto and some not. There is no reason (that I would be prohibited) I can't log in to these sites, just out of the blue.

I tried restarting etc. to no avail.

I have an Apple Tiger OS but I don't think that necessarily pertains to this problem isn't it a network thing would it be my carrier? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

nginx is a a web server software. It is not very popular and used by only a small percentage of sites. Unfortunately, due to the small size and portability of this web server, it is used widely by cyber criminals.

If you are getting this error on many many sites of a wide range., then you have to worry as it is highly unlikely that so many sites are running on nginx.

I would start by checking the DNS servers and proxy servers setting of your browser, OS and the router.

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

nginx is a a web server software. It is not very popular and used by only a small percentage of sites. Unfortunately, due to the small size and portability of this web server, it is used widely by cyber criminals.

If you are getting this error on many many sites of a wide range., then you have to worry as it is highly unlikely that so many sites are running on nginx.

I would start by checking the DNS servers and proxy servers setting of your browser, OS and the router.

Thanks for the suggestions. what you said about nginx makes sense in that this is a fairly new site trying to run on low budget stuff so perhaps that contributed. they aren't criminals but just "thrifty"

I took the technical approach (lol) and fooled around with my network utility and deleted some folders though I can't remember what and its working now so maybe it was a temp problem or maybe i accidentally fixed it. this is the only site it came up on.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Can anyone help me out? I'm truly mystified by this error. Certain sites I can log onto and some not. There is no reason (that I would be prohibited) I can't log in to these sites, just out of the blue.

You mentioned sites in your original post and you got my answer for that. Had you mentioned that you are getting this only on a single particular site, then I would have suggested you to wait as this is a server side error and you can do nothing about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users