Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying Toshiba A505-S6004

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SunFl0wer

SunFl0wer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

This is the Laptop I am interested:
http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satellite/A500/A505-S6004

My questions:
1) Is the processor fast enough to what I need? I don't do games. I do use photo editing softwares and embroidery softwares. I blog, surf and use Skype or similars. I listen to radio on line and watch movies or classes.
Intel Core i3-330M processor
2.13 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache

2) I read one review in which the person complains about the webcam. Anyonw know if this is really an issue? I will most likely use it at home to talk to friends or family. But I will not use it too much.

3) Do I need to have a technician coming over to set up the laptop for me or I can do it myself? I have installed softwares before but I've never done a set up. How difficult is it?

4) I do have some softwares to install that run on XP. Does this mean I need to update windows 7 to Pro?

5) Do I need a cooling pad?

6) Can I create the recovery disks? How hard is it to do it? As hard as installing a software or it requires any special knowledge?

Tks

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

1. For the intended usage, the i3-330M should suffice.

2. Not too sure, may be unit specific.
Alternatively, you could get something like this.

3. It should come pre-configured, ready to boot.
Others tasks like installing additional software, configuring the system settings are pretty straightforward and easy to get through.
That apart, reading the included manuals should cover the rest.

4. If those programs do not support (check their websites) Windows 7, you will have to upgrade to Pro.

5. No, it's well ventilated.

6. Nope, the Wizards and Guides do a good job of helping you create them.
You should also receive a Win7 recovery disk from Toshiba.

Do post back if you have any questions.

Good luck! :blink:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 14 June 2010 - 08:38 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users