Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox redirection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snoblett

snoblett

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hi

A couple of weeks ago I started to have some serious issues with my pc running:

XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Amongst the delights to affect the computer were;

Redirects to various search sites using Firefox
Internet explorer running in the background, while app is closed and playing adverts
Huge amount of empty files appearing in Temp folder

In the last couple of weeks I have run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, Spybot, Adaware etc

The only real issue now occuring is the occasional redirect, usually to a random shopping site like cyberjacques.com.

Aside from this the Temp folder is still filling up, and in checking my Security options with the Baseline Security Analyzer I went to run Windows Update and either cannot connect or get Error number: 0x80072EFF. I have managed to cure the critical security risks by downloading each individual update through firefox and installing.

In conclusion - I obviously still have a problem (redirects etc) but the usual anti-malware programs are showing nothing now and I'm concerned there is still a serious issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users