Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cygwin1.dll Is Missing?! Programming Failure.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

Downloaded Cygwin after reading an article in a pc mag, Micro mart, took me a few hours to figure out how to install the compiler and such, tried alot of things, not sure where this .dll is supposed to be, the program is located on the desktop, cygwin is located in C:/Cygwin

Where should Cygwin1.dll be? :thumbsup:

Heres a picture presenting my issue!
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ive reinstalled Cygwin a few times, since theres no uninstall button, its simply deleting the file. not sure if this is doing any harm to the registry. But whatever. :D

Help please?
The code i used was..
This is the code from the mag
#include <stdio.h>main()	{		// let's output a message:-		puts("Hello World!");		}
This is the one to compile it using GCC
gcc Helloworld -o Hello

Not sure, if i downloaded cygwin1.dll from a dll site would be wise, because, im not sure where it goes, or nothing.. help please :flowers: Young coder!

//////
Resolved, Forgot one command within the Cygwin Compiler to use the command, i have Cygwin1.dll, it was located in the /bin in the cygwin folder. ive copied one of these to the location of the Coding, so it should pick it up

Edited by eastonch, 14 June 2010 - 07:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr.VisualBasic

Mr.VisualBasic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hello,

I've used cygwin quite a bit and I don't recall ever missing a ".dll". It's probably NOT a good idea to download the .dll from a website. You need to consider re-downloading and re-installing cygwin itself. I DO remember having some problems with the actual installation of cygwin. Play around with it a bit and try different download mirrors.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

In my Cygwin install, Cygwin1.dll is located in the /bin/ directory under the main cygwin directory.

It's 2,420KB and has fa4e64fe12c55b845b454123f03a6e4c as it's MD5 checksum. It can be downloaded (VirusTotal's scan report) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhdm2/f...n1.dll/download

Edited by Andrew, 15 June 2010 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users