Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista problem with starting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matt07

matt07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hi

We have a Toshiba Laptop, and just recently something happened, my brother shut it down after using it and then he started it up again after realizing he forgot something and then he said the screen showed two options to start it up normally and the other to start it and repair (it's not the exact words but it's describe as to have something to do with repairing software or hardware that was removed or changed), he pushed the power button instead of choosing between those two options, And now when I tried to open the laptop, it showed same two options and since I saw the one with start and repair with the recomended word beside it I chose it and after a few seconds it froze, also I saw that the light with the circular box icon (which use to blink) stopped blinking and the screen went all black. I also tried the second option with the start windows normally but it froze to that part where the windos usually starts up, but the bar continues to move as if it's still loading but still nothing happened.

I hope anyone would be kind enough to help us.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

Hello,

I'm moving this topic to the Windows Vista forum where you should be able to get assistance for this problem.

Orange Blossom :huh:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

I would try running chkdsk /r on the system partition...sounds to me as if an abrupt shutdown damaged some system files.

What model Toshiba?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users