Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onenote 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaz

bigdaz

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:47 AM

Hi, i have started using microsoft office 2007 onenote mainly to keep pages organized in when i have been researching something on the net, but if i want to copy and paste a line of text from a onenote doc to something else using the right mouse button to highlight ect. or keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C, CTRL+V or right click context menu options, onenote will not allow this.
An example say if i wanted to copy a address [a line of text]from a doc in onenote to google maps to find the location, i am unable to do this because the whole doc would be highlighted to copy not the specific line of text i wanted and the left mouse button just brings up a scalable greyed out box which wont select anything.
Is there a way of doing this in one note? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bigdaz

bigdaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

I take it that there is no way to highlight and copy selected text from a document in onenote to another document outside of onenote ie a web page or for example into notepad?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Take a look here at a discussion regarding your question: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet...-copy-text.aspx

Not sure there is an answer, but apparently it is a known issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 bigdaz

bigdaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for the reply Animal, seems like the only way to make the text selectable is to copy and paste the entire doc and then select the text from the newly pasted doc, a bit cack handed but a solution none the less. Seems crazy Microsoft would not have made the text selectable to begin with seen as how onenote is a kind of digital scrap book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users