Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

services.exe virus preventing internet connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MysteryAus

MysteryAus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

Can anybody help me with services.exe virus that blocks internet connection?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

services.exe - services - Process Information
services.exe is a part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System and manages the operation of starting and stopping services. This process also deals with the automatic starting of ...

Here is the link
www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/services

Looking at your post sevices exe is part of the above does not come up as a virus
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

More info on services.exe at http://windowsxp.mvps.org/services.exe.htm.

Since malware can basicly be camouflaged as any other file...I find that file location and file size can be checked to determine authenticity.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users