Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extremely slow reactions and mouse delays

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 esbardo

esbardo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

My computer is taking up to 2 and 1/2 minutes to response to webs site and to commands. Having cursor on page and moving mouse to desired location mouse blinks out and then a couple of seconds latter appears at relocated position. Have attempted to remove startup program unnecessary features, defragged, scan-disk, removed all trash in bin with no success. What solutions would you recommend?

EZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

System manufacturer and model?

How large is C:? How much free space on C:?

Louis

#3 Alan62

Alan62

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hm, last time I had a problem like this the Video Card driver wasnt installed, but you might already have it.

#4 esbardo

esbardo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

System manufacturer and model?

How large is C:? How much free space on C:?

Louis

Louis,
pardon my naiveness, i have never used the forums and am not familiar with the lingo so please forgive me for not knowing what Pm is. if i should place my request in a particular forum please advise me of one thanks.
however in answer to your questions. my system was put together by a private party. it is window xp pro sp3 upgraded.
233 gigs with 155 gigs free.
thank you very much for your help EZ

#5 esbardo

esbardo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hm, last time I had a problem like this the Video Card driver wasnt installed, but you might already have it.

thank you very much alan but the card is installed i wish that would have been the problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

When I have mouse/keyboard issues...I just remove the attached one and replace it. Works every time on the desktops I have had.

You might try that.

Louis

#7 esbardo

esbardo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

When I have mouse/keyboard issues...I just remove the attached one and replace it. Works every time on the desktops I have had.

You might try that.

Louis

i wish that would have been the problem but that was not it. what would you recommend next. should i move over to the multi quotes? thanks EZ

#8 esbardo

esbardo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

You might try that.

Louis

i wish that would have been the problem but that was not it. what would you recommend next. should i move over to the multi quotes? thanks EZ

hello Louis, i went onto hijackthis and was told to create two files that would give the system data info and to post it on a forum so one of the techs would be able to help. i would really appreciate if you could recommend which forum i should use. please advise on this matter thanks. EZ

#9 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hello Espardo,

Welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry misread question..

Edited by bwest0703, 16 June 2010 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#10 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

If you believe that you are infected with some type of malware I would suggest starting here.

Am I infected? What do I do?

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users