Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need serious help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sqadup661

sqadup661

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

Okay, I don't know where to begin. I have Windows XP and this malware spyware crap is popping up all the time. Its so bad I have to work from safe mode. If I log in on normal mode, some defense center crap pops up and I can't do anything else. it wont let me click on my desktop and my taskbar is completely gone. No start button or anything. and then it restarts my cpu without me even asking it to. please help me. I don't know where to start. help me get rid of the malware, spyware, and anything else. oh and my computergoes really slow too!

EDIT: Moved from XP to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2010 - 07:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

You are infected with Malware now - Try these steps first as you May remove some or most of it -
Unless this is moved to another area - First download Malwarebytes From Here in safe mode with networking - Check for updates and run a scan -
Even in safe mode you may remove some of it - Then try normal mode again and see if you can scan -
Next - Why did you not have any decent AntiVirus - Even Microsoft Security Essentials (Free) From Here and install and run it -

Edited by noknojon, 13 June 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#3 sqadup661

sqadup661
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

In safe Mode, Malwarebytes already scanned 50,000 objects in 7 minutes and it still hasn't found not one infected object

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Any hope of getting into normal mode or installing M.S.E anti virus - As that also has a Malware section in it -
Try a Full Scan with Malwarebytes - That may take up to 1 hour -

Edited by noknojon, 13 June 2010 - 06:28 PM.

#5 sqadup661

sqadup661
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, okay. I get what you're saying. As soon as its finished scanning safe mode, I'll go into normal and scan it. I have question for you. I just save the Microsoft essentials to my desktop from safe mode but it won't let me run it til i go back to normal. Will it still be on my desktop in normal mode??? or do i have to go back and install to my desktop from normal?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Sorry if I sounded a bit "quick" in my first post - No insult was intended but I just wanted the best for you -

If you did manage to install M.S.E. it will still be there but may need updates -

Catch you in about 1 hour or so -

Edited by noknojon, 13 June 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#7 sqadup661

sqadup661
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

OH No, You didn't offend me! I appreciate your help. Thanks for your help. sorry about the miscommunication!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users