Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer on Printer Server going offline after printing each page

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 timmackman

timmackman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Basically what is happening is we have a Sharp MX-2300N Network printer and we have it setup on our server and is the only printer we have setup on that server. And everything was working fine until last Thursday it was showing offline. So I cleared the print queue and restarted printer spool service and was then back online. Well the employee printed something and it would only print the first page then go back offline and Id have to restart printer spool. I have no idea what it could be, ive never seen something like this. A PC that we have it setup on also and not on the shared printer is working just fine. And can print to it without a problem. I checked event viewer, no errors. Looked for latest drivers, we already have them installed. Setup the printer again on the server with a different name and different port. They just mirrored each other both were online and both offline at same exact time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users