Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google search results in mfeed search

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackshea

jackshea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

whenever i attempt to open a google reference, I am switched to a different search engine, e.g. MFeed Search or Deal Time. How can I stop this a n just have google open the site I selected?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadowflare

Shadowflare

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

After a quick google search, the common issue appears to be this..:

"It appears to be a browser hijacker for click through ads. Basically someone keeps redirecting you to their webpages so they can generate pay per click revenue. Very Common.
Reset your homepage to Yahoo.
Download and install SPybot Search and Destroy from link below. When installing turn on system setting protection and tea timer. These should prevent hijacking and will let you know when your homepage is changed. Download all updates, disconnect from the net and do a full scan. It should find your hijacker."

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

I'm not really an expert, but it sounds like the problem your having.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

With IE open...Tools/Manage Add-ons.

Uninstall any toolbars and change/disable any search providers other than the one you want.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users