Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Senior fitness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldMel

OldMel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

My wife and I are exploring different ways of staying fit. One thing we are doing is trying to learn to do some of the dances they do on Dancing With the Stars. We purchased a video and have begun, but so far we both would have been voted off by popular demand. Anyhow, I also saw a video which incorporated dance with a 5lb kettleball. It looked very interesting and fun. I have done every kind of exercise known to man over my 65 years, and still work everyday as building contractor, but am looking for something a bit more fun. I have known about kettlebells for many years, but never tried them. Has anyone out there tried such a video training routine? The one that seemed most fun was a Michelle Khai video. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

I haven't tried that oldmel, but I have another suggestion for you. Most cities have a ballroom dance club or something along those lines. It's called different things. There are some here in Atlanta and some are free while others have a nominal charge. They not only teach you to do the dances, but they encourage you. My wife and I have been talking about doing it for 10 years lol but still haven't. We had some friends who did though and they got GOOD. I don't know about Dancing with the stars good (I've never seen the show) but good enough that they wouldn't be laughed at on a show like that.

#3 Ross T

Ross T

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Well Deathstalker, Im not quite sure what I know about cars can help this guy and his wife out. I played hockey for 27+ years. The only thing I can offer along those lines is catchin a guy with his head down coming over the blue line with a good cross check or elbow will make you feel all giddy inside.. does that count.?

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Well Deathstalker, Im not quite sure what I know about cars can help this guy and his wife out. I played hockey for 27+ years. The only thing I can offer along those lines is catchin a guy with his head down coming over the blue line with a good cross check or elbow will make you feel all giddy inside.. does that count.?

:thumbsup:

Works for me. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users