Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A thank you return.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ross T

Ross T

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

Hello everyone.
After signing up and nosing around for a while, it was clear I could save a lot of money, and learn a bunch of things I have wanted to do on my computer but didnt know how or who to ask. All these people on here just to help each other out. No money, no BS, just nice help. This is very cool.
I would like to say thank you by offering any of you help that hopefully can save you some money as well. It's very simple. I have a auto repair business. I have been a mechanic for.................aaaahhhhh lets just say it is all I have ever done, and I have an 8 year old grand daughter hows that..?
My e-mail addy is in my members profile. If anyone has a automotive question I can help with, regarding repair costs, diagnostics, parts quality, anything. Please feel free to send me an e-mail, I check quite often through the day, so a speedy reply shouldnt be to much trouble.

Ross T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

Would you come to my house and help me put a Painless wiring harness in a 66 Ford truck? :thumbsup:

We've already ripped all the old wires out...............

#3 Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

I'll help! Gotta sharp pocket knife and a brand new roll of duck tape. Have you up and running in no time.

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'll help! Gotta sharp pocket knife and a brand new roll of duck tape. Have you up and running in no time.

No chewing gum or baling wire?

#5 Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

Got no teeth. And the baling wire's holding my front bumper up.

But I like to help.

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

LOL I don't care who you are, that was funny.

#7 Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yep, that bit about the bumper gets em every time. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Ross. I'm new here myself. Got 9 grandkids, my oldest is 17 now. I can kind of relate. And now I'm conversing with someone called DeathStalker??? Momma's starting to worry.

#8 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

And well she should. She's met me :flowers:

EDIT: Hey you old fart, why don't you check out THIS THREAD and see if you can help the guy out. I'm not as old as you two are so I can't really help him too much but maybe you could give him an idea or two. I'll be there in a few years if I live that long........... :thumbsup:

Edited by DeathStalker, 13 June 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#9 Ross T

Ross T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

Deathstalker, I have done quite a few Painless and Ron Francis wiring harnesses. Funny thing, Im just north of Woodstock.

#10 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

Really? How interesting. A friend of mine, he works for me too, got this truck from his uncle. The folks who had it before his uncle set it up for drag racing in Alabama. It has pretty much sat around for the last ten years or so with an occasional trip to the dump. So he got the truck and of course from sitting around seals started blowing and so on. Then the electrical problems started. I took him to Randees in Tucker (been there over 30 years I think, I mention it on the off chance you know him lol). Randee took one look at the birds nest of wiring under the dash and rightly said, he didn't really want to fool with it because he would have to warranty it and there was no way anyone could warranty that birds nest. He gave me the number of a guy that specializes in antiques but I never called him. I had my buddy go in there and cut out all the wiring so we could just start fresh with the Painless.

It was something, let me tell you what, 40 years of someone running a new wire here and a new wire there on top of the wiring they did to make it a drag truck lol. It looked like a ball of yarn after a herd of cats had been playing with it for a week. There was no way to track down where everything was going. A guy up in Loganville had a the 16 circuit Painless that he sold us for $375. Said he had bought it 4 or 5 years ago and it had been sitting on the shelf since then (it a truck specailly shop). on line from painless the thing was listed for over $600. They would have put it in but it would be over $1000 and my buddy just doesn' have the cash. Heck, I had to pay for the wiring harness for him.

It shouldn't be that hard should it? I rewired an old '76 chevy a few years ago, though not with a painless, I used coils of solid stand wite in the appropriate gauge, basically making my own harness. Anything i should look out for? i know we have a ton more circuits than we need. Wanna come down here and do it for us? I'll build you a computer in exchange lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users