Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grandchildren

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geologist

geologist

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Borrowed this from elsewhere because I though it charming:
"Had my four year old grandson over on Sunday and as usual spent a lot of time with him and on this occasion, playing with his Lego. "Grandad" he says, "the hats keep falling off the people", the people being the Lego figures. "Will you super glue them on"? (He knows that I am a dab hand with the superglue). "You had better ask your daddy" I replied and when he did, my son replied, "Of course, I didnt know that they even had hats, but they could have made them better fitting". I then thought that the hats would look better with a touch of paint and when I put this to my grandson he was delighted. We spent the next 15 minutes painting the hats and then I superglued them onto the figures. They looked really brilliant and he was so pleased that I got a huge hug. "You're the best grandad in the whole world" he said and at that moment I felt like it.

Later when he'd gone home, my wife asked me to have a look at the towel ring in the shower room. I did, and discovered where the 'Lego' hats had come from. The two plastic inserts that hold the towel ring in place were gone and the same held true for our bathroom and downstairs toilet.
I dont know how he thought of it, how he got them out or how he got the rings back on. Maybe next Sunday we'll find out.
The moral of this story is clear. If your son, grandson, whatever, asks you to glue hats onto his Lego figures or soldiers check the bathroom towel rings before you agree".

Edited by geologist, 13 June 2010 - 10:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

That was really Cute.

Sounds like a little budding Macgyver.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

Good to see another bleeping geologist! :thumbsup:

I'd happily sacrifice odds and ends in the bathroom and kitchen to fuel an inventive mind! (In fact, I have!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users