Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Specifications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 odb701

odb701

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

I'm thinking about purchasing a new flat panel monitor. Would prefer a 19 or 21 inch monitor. I'm just wondering what to look for when doing research? I want to be able to play the high end games and not see any type of lag. Thanks in advance for the advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:15 AM

Good morning odb701,

Personally, I own a HP 1906 flat panel display and love it. As far as its specs, here is the link:

HP 1906 flat panel

This display has a 3 year warranty.

I am sure there are displays that are just as good as this one. I hope the specs help you in your search for what you are looking for.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

I have a 19" Microtek and my wife has a 19" Mag (she upgraded from a 17" Mag).

I've played games (to include Doom3 and Painkiller) on mine and it works just fine (although I'm not into really intense graphics - preferring performance over visuals).

I'd suggest a trip to the local computer superstore (Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, etc) where you can see them all lined up side by side with similar displays. Once you're happy with a particular model - then you can research it's gaming ability with an eye towards purchase.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

Usasma makes a very good point. Most monitors will have the same basic specifications, but what is important is whether you can look at them intensely for a period of time when playing. A trip to a local computer store will allow you to actually see how they look, and allow to you try various adjustments until you get something you can live with.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users