Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with virus please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spall

spall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:53 AM

Hello. I'm a very newbie & am after some help. I use BullGuard Antivirus software & am having an ongoing problem that the Support people have been very patiently helping me with. They have told me to download the file combofix.exe from this site but I have no idea where to find it? Please help this very techno-semi-literate person.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raymond2

raymond2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

You can download here,please run it under assist of a malware expert.

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hi, spall

Combofix is powerful, but can be devastating. ; heed raymond2's warning, do not run it willy, nilly.

I think the direct link to the file should be removed, immediately.

First, read this topic; it explains what you should do:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=combofix

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

If malware personnel at Bullguard are directing you to run ComboFix...it would seem that they would have provided a download link for such, IMO.

Much well-intentioned advice...often results in problems which are not anticipated...for the person taking such advice.

Here at BC...if one of our Malware Team personnel tell you to run a given application...then do so. They are trained in the process of overcoming malware.

The vast majority of BC members are not. If I were you...I'd ensure that any Bullguard personnel suggesting such...are trained in the use of ComboFix.

If you are attempting to resolve a malware issue...following the directives of authorized reps who have instructed you to run ComboFix...my guess is that you need to understand that they are taking full responsibility for any misfortunes that may befall you by following such suggestion. If they are not willing to do that...and someone at a help desk suggested running ComboFix as if it is some cure-all or another AV program...I think you need to consider posting here at our Am I Infected forum.

Please read the following: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

Louis

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hi -

If malware personnel at Bullguard are directing you to run ComboFix

It also can be Unwise to post at 2 forums with the same problem -
The advisors on each forum will tell you what process to run and in what order to use them -
If you finish with one forum then please state that you tried at (xxxx) Forum , and would Now like to try here -

Thank You - :thumbsup:

Edited by noknojon, 14 June 2010 - 03:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users