Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to my wireless router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shannon mary

shannon mary

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hi,
I have a Dell laptop, Inspiron 6400. I connect to the internet with Verizon, Westell 6100 modem.
I have been using a D-Link DI 524 wireless router for 2 years now. A few months ago, the router stopped working. I shut everything down, then started the modem and then the router, then the pc, but my computer won't see the router. I've also reset the router using the button in the back.
I tried using an ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port on the router, and another from port 1 on the router to my pc. Looking online, I found I should be able to connect directly to the router, type in http://192.168.0.1 and see the router that way. I cannot.
My laptop is able to see other wireless networks in the neighborhood.
I've tried using the original disk that came with the router to set it up again, but at some point in the setup it tells me to reset the router. I try, but I can't reset it without unplugging it first. Then the setup stops again, and says to reset the router.
When the modem is on, the lights are on under power, status (blinking), and WLAN.

Any suggestions?

Edited by shannon mary, 12 June 2010 - 09:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users