Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ctrl Alt Delete/task Manager

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 plexarm

plexarm

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:16 AM

hello all
Recently joined and looking some help or advice please in trying to open task manager. Both taskbar and ctrl alt delete fail.
Just noticed also the delete button fails. I have posted an hjt in the appropriate section.
Thanks guys

Edited by plexarm, 10 October 2005 - 10:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

What does this mean?

I have posted an htl in the appropriate section.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 plexarm

plexarm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:59 AM

What does this mean?

I have posted an htl in the appropriate section.

opps hjt. Even the brains having an off-day :thumbsup:

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:22 AM

I thought so, but when I checked, you hadn't posted your log yet, so I was confussed. :thumbsup:
I see you have the log posted, now.

I wouldn't make any changes to your system, until you've had your log examined, and cleaned.
It could cause problems with the cleaning of your log.
Also, having your log cleaned could very well rectify your problem, so you should just wait until that is done.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 plexarm

plexarm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

I thought so, but when I checked, you hadn't posted your log yet, so I was confussed. :thumbsup:
I see you have the log posted, now.

I wouldn't make any changes to your system, until you've had your log examined, and cleaned.
It could cause problems with the cleaning of your log.
Also, having your log cleaned could very well rectify your problem, so you should just wait until that is done.

cheers tg, noticed on another thread "C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\SecuritySuite.exe"
Ran it, cleared it all out and the wee puter now has that running sweet feeling :flowers:

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

Well done, plexarm.
Glad you got your problem sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users