Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 vkansas

vkansas

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

I had the Google redirects start a couple of days ago. I've run full McAfee checks as well as loaded and used Malwarebytes. It's still coming back.

Where do I go from here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hello ,let's get one more scan log from Drweb-cureit .

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for your help. I downloaded what you told me and ran both scans. There was no viruses on the Express Scan and 13 on the Complete Scan. I saved it per your instructions, but nothing titled "DrWeb.csv" ever came up. Some monster report with, what appears to be every folder scanned, called "CureIt" and the Quarantine folder appear. I can't find DrWeb.csv anywhere. I followed the instructions as closely as I could.

Do I run the scan again? What do I do?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

Try here %USERPROFILE%\DoctorWeb\CureIt.log
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Is it supposed to be 52000 KB?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

Size varies on how much is found and scanned

#7 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

I tried to copy and paste, but the 50 MB crashed the computer. Is there a way to load as an attachment?

I apologize for being difficult.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

can you do it in several posts if needed,using smaller segments??

#9 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

I've tried to post it in four and five sections, but the website keeps kicking me out (at least the computer isn't crashing).
I have to go to work, but I'll come back after work and try to post it in 10 sections.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your patience.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

Ok, rather rhan beat on yourself.. look thru it and see if there were items rmoved,moved ,quarantined or NOT fixed..

How is it running now?

#11 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:27 AM

I'm still getting redirects and I have not idea what to look for in a 52 MB report that would tell me something is wrong.

#12 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

Another solution is needed. Every time I try to post a couple of thousand lines, the website tells me my post is too long. So pasting the 52 MB report isn't going to happen.

#13 LJCain

LJCain

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

Not sure if you have seen this yet....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322830/redirect5google-fix-solved/

and also

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...09010404AAinxEY

It seems that a common cause for google (e.g. results5.google.com) or wellaction redirects is a change in your router's DNS settings. I spent WEEKS trying to figure out my redirect problem using every antivirus/malware/diagnostic software, but I stumbled on this idea and it turned out to be the problem.

#14 vkansas

vkansas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

The last post was unsolicited advice from a Member (not a Moderator) who has 3 whole posts.
Their solution didn't work.

Am I to resubmit my problem?

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hello, we need to delve deeper. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users