Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nasty virus; cannot open any program... (Win7)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virused7

Virused7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hey guys, I'm on Windows 7 x64.

I installed a program and received trojan alerts from Windows Defender and Avira Antivir, but I followed Defender's advice and rebooted my computer like a fool. Now I cannot open any .exe file. I can't even scan for viruses! I tried logging into safe mode, disabling all non-MS services and all startup items, yet I still cannot open any program. I receive the following message when I (or Windows at startup) try to open something: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I tried transferring and running DDS and GMER via a USB key, but none of them can run.

I am quite dumbfounded, as I never had to deal with a virus that wouldn't let me open ANYTHING.

Does anybody have some advice? Thanks a bunch!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Hi,
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:
    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users