Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WEBPAGE and CURSOR FREEZE in Vista

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newk

newk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

hi everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a techy unfortunately, so I really need someone's opinion about this problem. I have an Acer laptop running windows vista home edition-32 bit and a desktop running XP. I use IE and Firefox browsers on both computers. For years I've been visiting a particular chat room site (belpawol.com) on either computers without any problem until recently when I received a warning from Firefox in Vista stating " Firefox has determined that the following add-ons are known to cause stability or security problems". So I disabled it and re-installed Java and since then every time I try to visit the same website in either browsers the page loads up and freezes as well as the cursor, and the only way to get out is through the task manager. I tried everything so far that I assumed could contribute to the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the browsers, updating vista, scanning for malware, spyware, virus, etc., but still have the same problem with the page and cursor freezing when I visit the website. Everything works fine in XP so I'm very curious about what's causing this in Vista, Does anyone have an idea???? Please help if u can........thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

You do need Java Enabled, so I would head on over to http://www.java.com and download the latest update from there.

#3 newk

newk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

That was the next thing I did after I uninstalled it, I deleted all Java files and folders and did a clean install with the latest Java but I got the same result.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 newk

newk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

I had already uninstalled Firefox and now only using IE browser since both give me the same problem I chose to deal with only one browser until this issue is resolved. I tried to go on the website again I get the same result. Maybe I deleted a particular file when I did the clean install of Java. I deleted all files pertaining to Java and installed the new version but I get this problem.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users