Hello let's check for a few things. Was MBAM finding Backdoors or BOT infections?Next run ATF and SAS:
If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.Rootkit Scan
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.