Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Power_Driver_State_Failure

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy779

jimmy779

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi, my name is Jimmy and this is my first time on this site and i am having trouble with one of my computers.
I have a Toshiba Satellite M305D that has been giving alot of trouble. About 6 mos ago my fiance was using the computer and thats the first time the BSOD came up. Since it was still under both factory warranty and the extended warranty with bestbuy. she took it back to bestbuy and the end result was a corrupt hard drive. And their fix for this problem was to run the recovery disk provided with the computer and charge us 300 bucks for an external hard dirve to store the photos when the wiped it clean and for their work done. Well yesterday we got the same screen. Called toshiba and was told to run recovery media and try that. If not buy a new hard drive. (Computer is no longer under factory warranty but is still covered by best buy) Well to shorten up this process,
I ran the recovery media and now have been stuck on a screen saying Applying Final Configuration for the past 18 hours. I have tried turning off the wireless and still nothing. the most it has done was reboot and then back to the same screen. can anyone please help me in the right direction as to what to do? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Jimmy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

does the blue screen give more info as to what file is causing the error ?

paste from Geekstogo:

The Stop 0x9F message indicates that a driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

Possible Resolutions:

Stop 0x9F messages can occur after installing faulty applications or drivers or system services. If a file is listed by name and you can associate it with an application, uninstall the application. For drivers, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to to determine if this resolves the error. If it does, contact the hardware manufacturer for a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

sorry about that, i guess you are beyond the BSoD and now re-installing. i would download hard drive manufacturers diagnostic utility and test your hard drive.

#4 jimmy779

jimmy779
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

Not sure how to do all of that? im not to great with computers. but since i posted, my computer has rebooted and it went to the login screen and from there it said administrator and other users. I tried to go in through the admin and it said that the account was disabled and then i tried to go in using the other users and it prompted me for a password which i have no idea what one could be? any suggestions? thanks

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

i guess toshiba does not have a hard drive diagnostic program.

when you try to log on as another user with no password will it let you in ?

if guest account try guest for password

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Try the following.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#7 jimmy779

jimmy779
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for all your help. I couldn't figure it out and we found out it is still under warranty at Best Buy. We took it there for them to run diag. Hopefully that will work out. I appreciate everyone's help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users