Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

non existing computer shows as the following discovered devices cannot be placed in the map

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 duenas77

duenas77

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hello everybody.

I was replacing some computers @ home. Iwas trying to transfer a few files from one computer to another but I couldn't. Finally I decided I was going to replace some pieces of hardware of one of them and quit trying to transfer the files. I disconnected both of them from the power and from the LAN and left only my laptop working and connetcted to the web in case I needed some technical support and when I opened Network and Sharing Center>view full map I found a computer that shows @ the very bottom of the screen under the "the following discovered devices cannot be placed in the map" The problem is that computer does not exist. I went into the router and looked for how many computers were attached and there was only mine in there. After a while that non existing computer desapeared from the full map and there was only my computer and the router-switch Netgear. What could that have been?
Two computers use Windows Vista Home and one uses Windows XP Home sp2. One Vista and the XP were disconnected and the other Vista is my laptop from which I saw that issue

Edited by duenas77, 11 June 2010 - 08:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

If your laptop hosts an Adhoc network, someone maybe tried to connect to it in hopes of free internet.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users