Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro, and question about a solution I found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WyomingBill

WyomingBill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Good and noble people of BleepingComputer.com,

Hi there! My name's Bill, and I live in Casper, Wyoming. I came across your Web site during my week-long running gun battle with the hideous trojan that AVG has dubbed BackDoor.Ircbot.LWM, plus God-only-knows-what-else was in my computer. I'm now over 95 percent confident I got it taken care of, and I noticed several other people have been affected by the same problem. I'd like to share my experience with your experts or - if appropriate - with the group in general in a new thread on infections. I'm certainly NOT an expert, and I don't want anyone to mistake me for one. I'm also NOT a shill for the software that FINALLY solved my problem (it took multiple scans of AVG free and Malwarebytes, and then ultimately Hitman Pro enabled me to rid myself of what was apparently a malicious rootkit ... and again, no guarantees that I'm 100 percent in the clear, but in my novice opinion I think I finally am). But if I can help rescue anybody from the depression and misery of fighting this virus, I'd like to. Maybe what would be best is to tell my story to one of your experts and let you take it from there.

So, please let me know what's appropriate. Having been to hell and back in the past five days, I want to help out anyone else who is going through what I just did. Please advise! And thanks a million for providing such a valuable public service through this Web site.

Thanks,
Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nashgar

nashgar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic