Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to set up a RAID 5 configuration using 2 TB Hard Drives.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hi,

Just that, I am looking to set up a RAID 5 configuration for performance reasons and this is my first time setting up a RAID 5.

Only, I've heard that "Green" drives are NOT good in a RAID configuration because they "time out".

I want to make sure that I get Hard Drives that will work in this configuration and wont time out. And sense the price is coming down on 2 TB drives and I'm seeing enough good reviews on them at NewEgg I would like to try 2TB Hard Drives. This should give me enough storage for a long time to come.

HERE is one receiving good reviews on NewEgg, would this be a good one for a RAID configuration? Is there a better one that you can recommend for the job?

Any knowledge about doing this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

Edited by Johnz414, 11 June 2010 - 03:43 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users