Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my keyboard malfunctions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iamchynum

iamchynum

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

My laptop began having the following malfunctions which happen intermittently but which make it impossible to use. When opening a program and beginning to type something such as a password or account name the keys simply stop working. The cursor disappears at this point and nothing will happen. If I mouse off the screen the cursor will reappear on the task bar and if I click on the program in the task bar the cursor will reappear at that time and I can sometimes continue typing. This problem reoccurs often. Another related problem is when I have a window open such as a game client or an actual game which has a window smaller than the screen and once I navigate away from it I am unable to reacquire it with my mouse. If I hover over it I cannot click on it and make anything happen. Sometimes clicking on the program on the task bar will right the problem, but only temporarily.

When I restart the computer while it is running it often restarts but windows will not boot. I see the windows screen where it is black and there are some dots moving just before the boot starts, but the boot never happens and the screen is not the same as it would be if the boot were going to succeed. It appears shadowy or even grey and nothing ever happens. It just sits there. The only solution at this point is to manually turn off the computer and when restarted, I get the system repair prompt. This happens every time I install updates and probably 50% of the time I restart for other reasons. Usually it goes back to before the updates were installed and then when they reinstall the same thing occurs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hello ,so i am unsure.. does the PC actually boot up?
What operating system is this?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users