Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update latest update package ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NicR

NicR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:40 AM

Microsoft has released a package of several updates ,some of them 15 M.B.'s in size ! They where not released as criticial updates however as important updates . Iam still on a dial up internet service and there is no way I can sucessfully download anything over 4-5 MB's without the download not completeing or being corrupt ! For now I have hidden all of the latest updates released . Also Iam having trouble with update KB979909 a 1 M.B. update that downloaded to my system howefever it will not install . How do I remove this update from trying to install everytime I shut down my PC ? Thanks in Advance to All,
NicRic

Edited by NicR, 11 June 2010 - 08:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Also Iam having trouble with update KB979909

KB979909 or KB979906 (.NET Framework update)?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

I just installed these updates earlier today. It took a long time, about 20 minutes for three and then there was an additional one after that.

The net framework updates looked like they were stalled for a long time but eventually completed and requested a reboot
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

My .NET Framework 1.1 wouldn't update, no matter what.
I had to uninstall 1.1 first, reinstall it and then the update went through.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

For any user on dialup...updates can be downloaded individually and manually burned to CD on another system...then that CD can be used to install the updates from the desktop or from the CD.

Broni, I believe that you can just uninstall Framework 1.1...it's probably the only version which was truly made obsolete by all later versions. Unless you have some very old program that insists on that version, I suggest uninstalling it.

Louis

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Broni, I believe that you can just uninstall Framework 1.1...it's probably the only version which was truly made obsolete by all later versions. Unless you have some very old program that insists on that version, I suggest uninstalling it.

I think, you're absolutely right, because after initially uninstalling 1.1 I didn't reinstall it for a few hours and nothing was complaining :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users