Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer Bug Report

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Please post any bugs that you find while using this site in this topic. Please use the following format for each bug submitted.

Bug Description:

Page/Link that has bug:

How can I reproduce this bug:

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

Erm, I guess I'll be first. In perusing the topics and threads the first thing I notice is that the smilie .gifs do not render at all. The new software just displays a box with the .gif title.

Be (.gif) Safe

Da Animal

p.s. I like the new look. also, looking forwward to a full test drive, real soon. Thank You, Grinler. Awesome site. I love my new online home.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Guest_Tigger93_*

Guest_Tigger93_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

Yeah. Every now and then when I leave the site and come back, until I refresh the page, part or the whole page is goes back to the old mode. Dunno what's going on here.

#4 pwgib

pwgib

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:33 PM

Check out the Spyware Removal & Malware Self-Help and Reading Room.

All the html tags are visible.

PW
PW

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

I know about that one. Working on it now

#6 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

I tryed clicking on the fun & games link and it didn't work. I got the following error "404 ERROR: Page Not Found!

The requested page http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/arcade.php could not be found on this server"

#7 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:04 PM

Might just be me, but the "IPB" things on the left remain bright/highlighted/whatever even if there aren't any new posts since your last visit. The old version used to dim the circles if there were no new posts since the users last visit.

#8 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

Everyone might want to check their email notification settings. (Control Panel, Email settings). Mine had been set to 'No Email Notification'.

I notice that when one subscribes to a thread manually, a page pops up to set the type of notification. Is there any way to set that to use the default configured in the control panel?

Smilie test.... :thumbsup:

P.S. What's with the "asdasd" ?

Edited by ddeerrff, 10 October 2005 - 12:33 AM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#9 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:08 AM

This morning, I received two PM's from member Georgia. She is having some trouble.

Hi Scarlett, I have a problem getting logged in to the forums gamesl. I last participated the other day and now I have spent 6X trying to get a post entered and it shows that I am logged in, yet I can't enter the post.

I am going to try again and see what happens, however I thought that I would PM you as I always stay logged in and this is the first time I actually had to do a log in. Has something changed??

Hi Scarlett, I am sending another PM as my last one did not show as being sent??
I have never had to log in before and thus don't know what is happening.. I have logged in and everything appears OK, however when I go to do a post I am advised that I don't have permission.
I hope that you get this PM as I really don't understand what is going on. It shows a successful Log In and yet I am stuck??

Edited by Scarlett, 10 October 2005 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:11 AM

Arcades are down for now.

Ddeerrff, where is the asdasd. I prob left it in when doing testing. TRhere should be a thread notification option in the control panel? Is that not sticking?

SCarlett, where cant she post? anywhere?

#11 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:15 AM

Dont think this is a bug, just different from the old system.

old system, when you post to a topic you automatically subscribe to email notification

new sytem, when you post you have to select to subscribe to it.

Is there anyway to set it to default as auto email notification, i missed a post earlier, no problem though, as i have just had to check my malware fixes and subscribe to them.

EDIT:

Doh, just tried to subscribe to this topic via the control panel, and it said i was already subscribed to this thread, so ignore me for now.

Edited by bilko, 10 October 2005 - 08:20 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:28 AM

Arcades are down for now.

SCarlett, where cant she post? anywhere?

I believe she is meaning the Forum (word games) Word association etc. I cant answer if there are other forums, instances where she is having trouble. I sent her a reply to her PM's linking to this thread. So when she next logs in, she will hopefully let one of us know. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

Is it possible she was not logged in when she was trying to post? Any other members that you can see having problems posting there?

As for the notifications..go into the control panel->email settings and you can set your default there. SHould stick from then on. If you previously subscribed, but had a different notification (such as digest or delayed), then you need to unsubscribe and then subscribe again with the notification you want.

Also I put a new bug report format at the top of the page. Please use that format for future bugs as it will be easier for me to fix them that way

Erm, I guess I'll be first. In perusing the topics and threads the first thing I notice is that the smilie .gifs do not render at all. The new software just displays a box with the .gif title.

Be (.gif) Safe

Da Animal

p.s. I like the new look. also, looking forwward to a full test drive, real soon. Thank You, Grinler. Awesome site. I love my new online home.

Please let me know if you see any posts that are still having these problems. I regenerated the post content which "should" have fixed this.

#14 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

TRhere should be a thread notification option in the control panel? Is that not sticking?

Yes, the option is set in control panel and works fine for autosubscibing to threads when you reply to one.

What I'm taking about is when you are reading a message and decide to subscribe to that thread. Click on 'Options' at the top of the message, and select 'Track this topic'. Rather than the board using the defaults selected in the control panel, (in my case, immediate email notification), it opens a new window that requires you to select notification method for that thead.

No big deal, but it would be nice if it would also default to what was set in control panel rather than require the extra couple of mouse clicks.

"asdasd" - looks like you found and removed them.....
Derfram
~~~~~~

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

What I'm taking about is when you are reading a message and decide to subscribe to that thread. Click on 'Options' at the top of the message, and select 'Track this topic'. Rather than the board using the defaults selected in the control panel, (in my case, immediate email notification), it opens a new window that requires you to select notification method for that thead.

Ahh ... i know what yor talking about. I do not think that it is possible to use the defaults in that manner.

And I did find that asd stuff :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users