Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Sound Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xk8

xk8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

Hi,
I've been having a really wierd issue with Windows Media Player, hopeing someone has an idea about this. Google/bla bla bla research doesn't help much at this point so here it goes.

When I'm playing a movie or whatever in Windows Media Player 9/10 (initially 10, uninstalled, then installed it again, then uninstalled and installed 9, same problem persists so I think it may have something to do w/ a non-WMP related thing per say; other players work fine) the sound is very high when I seek to any arbitrary point in the movie regardless of what level the sound has been adjusted to using the WMP sound control. THEN, when i click on the sound control, the sound turns down to whatever it is supposed to be at that control's setting. It's just a matter of time until i seek again to another point in the movie and the sounds blasts again and then to bring it down again, i HAVE to click on the sound control (move it to make it lower).

Do you have any idea of what's goin on here? I've installed Direct X 9.0c again, not much help.

One thing I would like to mention is that I did a clean install of the OS and since then WMP has been acting like this. THat might help in diagnosing.

any help would be greatly appreciated,
thankx
xk8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users