Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Unexpected error in fixing problems"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patty V

Patty V

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

I have ran Malwarebytes, Ad-aware and Spybot. Malwarebytes and Ad-aware now show no problems. Spybot shows a problem with FRAUD.Windows Protection Suite. There are (4) issues. These issues cannot be "fixed" because of the following error message: unexpected error in fixing problem. Cannot create file. C:\Windows\System 32\drivers\etc\hosts. Access denied. What does this mean? Is there something else I can do?
Thank-you for any input you may be able to provide.
Patty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike Jettson

Mike Jettson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

Hey Patty, my suggestion is that since your malwarebytes and Ad-ware check your system is OK, the problem found is nothing big deal. And the warning messange may be a tip for unrecommended fix.

So, I think you do not have to fix the so called problem.

Do you think so?

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:26 AM

Hello there,

This message means that Spybot cannot access your Hostsfile to immunize your system. Depending a bit on your version of windows, this can be normal.

Please let me know what version of windows you are running, and, besides that, if you are encountering any other problems that make you think you might be infected.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users