Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer got a virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 notacomputernerd

notacomputernerd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

My computer got this virus called Security Master AV its this fake anti-spyware software that keeps sending me messages saying that i have 20 infected files, that my computer is infected with trojans, and is at risk of identity theft. It says if u pay u, u can remove the virus, but I found out on the net that this is a scam. I googled how to remove this security master av, and i downloaded spyware doctor and everything, but now everytime i try to open the program it wont open, and I can`t open any other programs that can help remove it either, even task manager! I think the security master is stopping it. It sucks too that I just bought the Mcaffe total protection and now it wont work.Please help me I really want to remove this fake anti-spyware software, and make sure my computer doesn't get ruined since I just got it.

EDIT: Moved from Win 7 to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 William Wilson

William Wilson

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

Hey buddy

SInce you mentioned you were infected with virus, why you download spyware doctor to deal with this? It is designed for spyware, so you should hurry to downloard AVAST, AVIRA or AVG to try to kill this virus

And I notice that you can not open your programs even the task manager, I think your pc is severely infected, may be you have to reinstall your system.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hello and welcome... it looks like this will help.

You need to do all the steps as some pertain to your issue..
Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Security Master AV
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users