Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cleaning Startup but not recognized as Administrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hmcginnity

hmcginnity

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

I'm trying to clean up my StartUp (using the BC database) and when I click "Apply" I get a message that I need to log in as the administrator to make those changes. But I am the administrator and am logged in as such. Even double checked in control panel and my user account is the Computer Administrator. Any ideas how to make it recogonize me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

What is the program...that produces this notification?

Are you saying that you don't have permission to change anything on your system?

Louis

#3 hmcginnity

hmcginnity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

That's what I think it's telling me - the error box that comes up is titled "System Configuration." The error says "An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. you may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes." But - I found that when I turned the computer on today and went back to msconfig and tried to change something in start up it looks like some of the ones I unchecked are still unchecked. So I guess it worked? But I still got the message. It's a laptop that I've just recently replaced but I want to clean it up so the kids can use it for their school work, etc. It's still moving ridiculously slow on the internet so I probably have more work to do to clean it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users