Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I check if a connection is secure?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

I've recently downloaded and installed a forex brokers' software for their trading platform and logged in OK. They also have a webtrader which as you would expect you can access and trade your account by logging in through your web browser. My cause for concern is that the webpage in which you login to webtrader is not secured, it has no SSL certificate. It has just occured to me that I created my account through the non secure webpage. I have not given any financial information just name and address but obviously created a username and password which is the same ones I use for the download platform. So I need to change my password once logged into the download platform providing it is secure! I had an argument with the company about their website not being secure but they kept insisting it was OK and also said the download platform was as well. The question is how to a check this out?

Thanks in advance.

Hardware: Lenovo G580 2689 Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @2.2GHz Dual core  | 6 Gig RAM |

Software: Windows 8.1 | Advanced System Care Ultimate | Windows Firewall | IObits' Malware Fighter Free | Emsisoft Free |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Anyone.... ?

Hardware: Lenovo G580 2689 Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @2.2GHz Dual core  | 6 Gig RAM |

Software: Windows 8.1 | Advanced System Care Ultimate | Windows Firewall | IObits' Malware Fighter Free | Emsisoft Free |

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

That web site does not have any or use SSL certificate during registering or login process. This looks fishy to me as the site deal in money and SSL certificates are cheap . Why don't they use it?

If they do not use secure login on web site login, I can imagine they wont use it in desktop client program either.

Edited by Romeo29, 15 June 2010 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users