Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flyerjudy

flyerjudy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

Is it possible to put my own pictures into the permanent wallpaper file so that they can be changed easily instead of having to look through My Pictures to find them again? I cannot find the location of the Desktop files that came with Windows XP Home.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

Hi flyerjudy,

I looked for the ascent wallpaper and found it as a jpg file in the C:\windows\web\wallpaper

You should be able to save .jpg and .bmp files to that locatinn and use them as "standard" wallpaper selections.

I hope this helps,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 confused_user

confused_user

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

Right-click your desktop and select properties to open up the Display Properties. Click the Desktop tab and select Browse. You can look in different areas for your picture that you want to use, but I would recommend only adding one at a time. When you click Open, it will save it in your possible selections for your background. Highlight the picture that you want, then apply.

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

Hi flyerjudy, :thumbsup: to BC

The method rigel suggested will do what you wish, I keep my custom wallpapers in that folder and it works fine. To make finding my custom wallpapers easier I also labeled them all with the prefix custom (ie. custom - wallpaper 1, custom - wallpaper 2 etc...). This way they all stay grouped together and are easier to find when I want to use them.
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users