Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video cable difference?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yukmouf

yukmouf

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

Are there any noticeable differences in video cables? I got a new computer and I was thinking of upgrading my video cable to a DVI (monitor) to HDMI (computer). Or just straight DVI to DVI. But I haven't been able to find any info on the results.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

DVI and HDMI carry the same signal, HDMI also happens to carry digital sound as well. There is no difference in video quality going from HDMI to DVI, or vice versa. It's the same.

HDMI and DVI single link 60-Hz LCD can display a resolution of 1920 x 1200, while a DVI dual link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600. The only time single link DVI/HDMI will choke is on resolutions above 1920 x 1200 60hz.

VGA is another ball of wax. No need for VGA if you have a DVI/HDMI connector to use.

Edited by dpunisher, 10 June 2010 - 03:05 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users