Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with what appears to be Trojan Horse Crytpic.CM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 pantera1313131313

pantera1313131313

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Appears I have Trojan - see topic - at least McAfee identified this 1 time during a search. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - shows all clear. But there is still issue.

I have re-directs in browser(s) - and sometimes windows firewall - will turn on - and off at will - and general slowness.
This appeared close to another post - so I took the liberty of:

Creating OTL report
Doing MBR Rootkit scan

I am attaching those log files. I look forward to your response.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hi pantera1313131313,

Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes.

If you have still the issue please update me on the current condition of your computer and perform the following:
  1. Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner exe file from here and save it to your desktop.

Run GMER, uncheck all boxes except the box next to Sections (C drive should remain checked), click Scan.
    When it finished press Save to save the log and post it to your reply. It will not take more than a minute.

2. Run GMER again, uncheck all boxes except the box next to Registry (C drive should remain checked), click Scan.
    When it finished press Save to save the log and post it to your reply. It will not take more than a a couple of minutes unless the computer is very slow.

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

This thread will now be closed due to lack of activity.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users