Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware/virus has disabled tcp/ip

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 slambeth

slambeth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

hello-

the problem I am having is with my work computer, and i'm assuming someone used it after i left for the day - thus i have no idea what they did. when i turned it on yesterday i got the "chkdsk error" message - "checking file system on C - volume is dirty". i let it finish what it was doing and it booted to windows from there. as soon as windows finished loading, i had a Norton error, and when i attempt to fix it within the program it fails. i opened Norton internet security and found the email protection option turned off, and when i turn it back on and close the window it reverts back to the "off" setting. whatever has infected my computer seems to have disabled all of my internet/networking capabilities as well. my computer is on a network here with a central server - i am unable to access the server at this point, it is showing up as a "disconnected network drive" under "my computer". when i go to "view network connections" both my Wireless Network Connection and my Local Area Connections show as "not connected". i have checked all of my IP/DNS, etc settings and none have changed. I have run Malwarebytes, Registry Mechanic, AdAware and CCleaner. My initial MB scan found sa LOT of virus/worm/junk problems - i have a screenprint of the log.

Long story short, at this point I may or may not have gotten rid of the infection. And if i have, my networking/internet capabilities are still disabled and i am at a loss as to what to do from here.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users