Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oops! What did I do??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soryo

soryo

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Soo, the other day, I was attempting to play some games on firefox. It was some silly neopets game. For some reason I was un-able to click the buttons in the game..I assumed it was because my firefox was out of date or something, So I attempted to update it.
I think I just went to the main site and reinstalled it again though...
After trying to open firefox afterward, it says it can't find a connection.
(I have the newest IE, and that works just fine. It also let's me click buttons on the game.)

Soo I tried un-installing and re-installing firefox, but it still won't work. D= What on earth did I do? o__o;
(It's been a few days. I've restarted my computer.)
Everything was fine until I attempted to update it. xD
I then tried to install google chrome, thinking it might be a good browser...
I can't install that though, it says it can't find my internet connection for some reason (Not when I open google chrome, just when I try to install it). So I guess this is kind of two problems.

But for now IE is just fine, I'm just wondering how I managed to break firefox. x.x

EDIT:
On a side note, I just installed the free avast virus protection program. For some reason, if it's not disabled, it won't let IE connect to the internet.
What the heck? O___O

Edited by soryo, 10 June 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

I just installed the free avast virus protection program

Does it mean, you didn't have any AV program before?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Now that you have Avast installed, you may need to change the Firewall permissions for Internet browsers (FF, IE etc.).

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 June 2010 - 06:58 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 soryo

soryo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Sorry, for that side note well...
All thsoe things were happening BEFORE I installed avatst.

No I didn't have an AV, but I recently had a virus that killed the one I had. x.x
-Already took steps to remove leftover stuff-

-Sigh-
I just got a virus though from some ad a few minutes ago. =___= Gosh dang it. Now I'm being re-directed and getting popups.
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users