Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$100 Reward to fix this printer issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Wms

Bill Wms

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

I will give $100 to the first person who can fix the false empty cartridge issue described here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printin...-not/m-p/176836

The fix must eliminate the false error message that a cartridge is empty and enable the printer to resume printing.

As you can see in the link, people have struggled with this problem for years and no consistent fix has been discovered. I am hoping that a smart person out there can find the cause of this problem and a solution for it.

I suspect that a file or registry entry must be set that indicates a false empty cartridge. This false entry is retained even when a new cartridge is installed, or the printer software is removed and reinstalled.

Even though many people have worked on this issue over the years, there still may be a creative solution out there. Let's hear it and if it works you get the money.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

uninstall all HP printer software. re-install printer using windows and install print driver only. when printed copies look kind of faded, cartridge is empty.

give the $100 to your local food bank.

Edited by caperdog, 09 June 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

I agree with caperdog :thumbsup: the HP software is full of :huh: and malfunctions. Just get the driver you need and get on with it.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

Not to mention, that you can get brand new printer for under 50 bucks :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users