Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Script errors on computer loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 phead

phead

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi. I have been having a problem with script errors whenever windows starts up. This started as a much bigger problem with a virus, but the virus has since been resolved, whie the script errors still hang around. It is not a serious issue, as I just need to hit no 3 or 4 times when the boxes pop up and then it's usually gone till I start up the computer the next time.

Please see the following link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319536/http-tidserv-request/

This is where I began discussing the script errors, around post #8. If you have a chance, please review the post to see what has been done so far to try and resolve this. Do you have any other ideas on what could be causing this problem? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

What are these script errors?

Can you post some more information about them, like what they say, and what programs cause these. I would recommend screenshot, but a description is just as good.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

JIT script debuggers...are built into various Microsoft applications.

MS Office, MS.NET and Visual Basic are applications that I know reflect this feature.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k8kf6y2a.aspx

JIT Debugging

What you refer to as "script errors" appears to me to merely be some application containing JIT...acting as it should when there is a STOP error or BSOD on the system.

Louis

#4 phead

phead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

The following message comes up from Just-in time debugging:

An exception "Runtime error" has occured in script.
Possible debuggers:
New instance of microsoft script editor

There is a check box for "Set the currently selected debugger as the default." I do not have this checked off

Then at the bottom it asks "Do you want to debug using the selected debugger?"

The selected item for this is the new instance of microsoft script editor.

Any ideas on what this means? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users