Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please advise on minimum requirements or laptop to buy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mizzchola

mizzchola

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

:blink: Hi my mystro's :wacko:

I've come here to ask for help in figuring out what I need to look for in a laptop in order for it to meet my needs. I've done a lot of reading on the internet about Ram and memory and processors and all the corresponding components that make up a systems performance. However with all my reading I'm still not confident enough to make a decision on my own attempted self education alone!

I need a laptop a desk top replacement as in it will be my sole computer once I purchase it.

I need something that will allow me to do the following

#run multiple programs at once without freezing the computer or memory or power up I want grunt I usually have like 5 web page tabs open windows media player and messenger and chat platform as well as a few documents open using them all at once and to date my old PC is struggling to do it all without crashing and having memory issues.

I also want a large screen and something that is reliable but has good value for money. I'd like a dvd/cd writer also

I'd be using it with a power chord mostly

I just need something reliable and powerful something thats not going to flake under my usage habbits I don't want to experience any sort of lag or have it not have sufficient memory or speed.

I want it to have built in wire less internet I think it's called wifi?

I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm willing to spend money for power speed and reliability just within reason I don't want to go out and by a benz when a toyota would do the job sufficiently if you know what I mean?

Any help would be ever so greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not confident in making this decision by myself and the sales people at stores seem to have a vested interest in making me buy the most expensive units I put this down to comission so I don't want their help any more.

Could anyone please help me and make some recommendations?

Thank you kindly for reading my post I appreciate it and thank you in advance for any replies. I'll be keenly looking forward to hearing from any of you.

have a great day.

Mizzchola

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

For starters...

1. Visit online stores like Newegg, Bestbuy etc. to get an idea of the price range.
2. With the basic knowledge that you possess and your personal preferences, try to narrow down your options (keeping in mind the price range)
3. Post links to the options you really fancy(have in mind) and we'll suggest the best out of the lot!

Brands to consider: HP, Dell, Asus, Sony & Toshiba

If you have any questions, post away. :blink:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 09 June 2010 - 09:00 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users